Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Luis Rodriguez-Rigau
Dr. Luis Rodriguez-Rigau, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rodriguez-Rigau is affiliated with The Woman's Hospital of Texas, Memorial Hermann Hospital and Mhhs Hermann Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Luis Rodriguez-Rigau has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 22
I was a patient of Dr. Rodriguez for 2 years for infertility treatments. We had severe male factor in the beginning due to my husband's work schedule/lifestyle, but that improved to moderate male factor about 8 months into treatment, after employment and lifestyle changes. My hormones were a little low, but Dr. Rodriguez saw no reason that I wasn't getting pregnant after the improvement in my husband's semen analysis. I recently transferred to another endocrinologist and discovered that I developed severe hyperthyroidism during my time as a patient of Dr. Rodriguez. Dr. Rodriguez had me spend countless hours and money trying to get pregnant, yet he didn't even attempt to recheck my thyroid despite the obvious symptoms. Medicated cycles and multiple IUIs... we did it all. I would not recommend this doctor or office to anyone.
Dr. Rodriguez-Rigau is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Woman's Hospital of Texas
Memorial Hermann Hospital
Mhhs Hermann Hospital
40 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1973
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Dr. Luis Rodriguez-Rigau accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Institute for Reproductive Medicine, 7400 Fannin St, Houston, TX
Dr. Luis Rodriguez-Rigau is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.