Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Luis A Matos
Dr. Luis A Matos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lynchburg, VA, with other offices in Roanoke, VA and Salem, VA (and 1 other location). He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Matos has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Luis A Matos has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Watery Eyes
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Drug Allergy
- Migraine Disorders
- Food Allergies
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis
- Nasal Allergies
- Peanut Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Holistic Health
- Immune System Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I took my daughter to another allergist in town and she did not help me with her extensive food allergies. Dr Matos reviewed all of the previous tests and helped us understand that her stomach pains were not due to stress but a combined allergy to meats and dairy. He kept us in the office until all my questions were answered.
I am sad that I had to leave the practice to find a physician that could meet his commitments. I had the first appointment of the day, the physician was in the buidling at my scheduled time, but chose to attend a "meeting" with drug reps instead of seeing me... Since their office made the appointment and he knew I was waiting I just could not stay at a practice where my time is not respected...
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2009, 2008, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
42 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. Luis A Matos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Luis A Matos in this video.
Dr. Luis A Matos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lynchburg, VA.