Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Luis A Matos
Dr. Luis A Matos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Danville, VA, with other offices in Lynchburg, VA and Roanoke, VA (and 1 other location). He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Allergy and Immunology. Dr. Matos has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Luis A Matos has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. Luis A Matos has the following 27 expertise
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Watery Eyes
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Drug Allergy
- Migraine Disorders
- Food Allergies
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis
- Nasal Allergies
- Peanut Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Holistic Health
- Immune System Disorders
Dr. Luis A Matos has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Luis A Matos is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 10
I took my daughter to another allergist in town and she did not help me with her extensive food allergies. Dr Matos reviewed all of the previous tests and helped us understand that her stomach pains were not due to stress but a combined allergy to meats and dairy. He kept us in the office until all my questions were answered.
I am sad that I had to leave the practice to find a physician that could meet his commitments. I had the first appointment of the day, the physician was in the buidling at my scheduled time, but chose to attend a "meeting" with drug reps instead of seeing me... Since their office made the appointment and he knew I was waiting I just could not stay at a practice where my time is not respected...
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
42 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Wilford Hall Medical Center
Dr. Luis A Matos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Luis A Matos, MD - Allergy and Immunology in Danville, VA, in this video.
Dr. Luis A Matos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danville, VA.