Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Luis R Mertins has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Luis R Mertins has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Luis R Mertins has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Luis R Mertins is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I went to dr mertins at 16 weeks and first he was great. I had infections and cramping through my whole pregnancy and he just wanted to keep me on meds that became immune to my body. After 22 weeks i was in the hospital and he told me to bleed out since my cervix was opening. I asked for a cerclage but he denied it. The next day i was at another hospital dilated to 2, then 3, now 4 on bed rest due to my cervix. I'm stuck here until my baby girl decides to come. If he would have given me the cerclage i could be home ok. He also told me not to call him again. I will never go to him again for anything!!!
I would not recommend this physician to anyone. He was always "forgetting" things, and this is not a good quality when you are a physician.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mertins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Luis R Mertins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Luis R Mertins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Farmington, MO.