Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Luis Mieles
Dr. Luis Mieles, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Mieles is affiliated with Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital, Kindred Hospital Houston and Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Luis Mieles has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Luis Mieles has the following 3 expertise
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Transplantation
- Pancreatic Diseases
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Mieles is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital
Kindred Hospital Houston
Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital
Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
Memorial Hermann Continuing Southwest
Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital
Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital
Highland Hospital-Rochester Ny
Strong Memorial Hospital - Rochester,Ny
Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center
39 Years Experience
Universidad Nacional De Colombia
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Luis Mieles in this video.
Dr. Luis Mieles is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.