Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Luis A Pires
Dr. Luis A Pires, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clinton Township, MI. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Pires is affiliated with Henry Ford Macomb, Mclaren Macomb Hospital and Beaumont Hospital - Troy. Dr. Pires has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Luis A Pires has the following 1 specialty
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Luis A Pires has the following 5 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Showing 3 of 20
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Pires is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. Luis A Pires accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Luis A Pires
Dr. Pires is the medical director of St Johns Cardiac Electrophysiology department. his work at St. John, Dr. Pires has been an assistant professor at Wayne State University since 1995. He has had nearly 30 articles published, along with reviews and contributions to the chapters of three books. He has also participated in more than two dozen trials.
Locations & DirectionsLUIS ANTONIO PIRES MD, 21550 Harrington St Ste C, Clinton Township, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Luis A Pires, MD - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology in Clinton Township, MI, in this video.
Dr. Luis A Pires is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Clinton Township, MI.