Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Luis H Urrea II
Dr. Luis H Urrea II, MD is a Doctor primarily located in El Paso, TX, with another office in El Paso, TX. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Urrea is affiliated with Las Palmas Medical Center. Dr. Urrea has received 5 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Luis H Urrea II has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Luis H Urrea II has the following 15 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Dr. Luis H Urrea II is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
Dr. Urrea is very professional and has an excellent bedside manner. He performed my Shoulder surgery back in August of 2017 and I have nearly full motion back and it is pain free just 5 months later. He give sound advice and always listens to what you have to say. His staff is excellent and always very professional as well. I highly recommend Dr. Urrea.
Worst doctor I have ever visited. Was too busy to answer my questions. Totally ignored anything I wanted to ask. Too busy talking to physician assistant and other doctor in the room. Never clearly stated what could be my problem. Left office feeling it was a waste of my time and money. He was more concerned about getting a correct code to bill my insurance than at least trying to show some interest in my condition. Very disappointing.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Urrea is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1990
Steadman Hawkins Clinic
Dr. Luis H Urrea II accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Luis H Urrea II in this video.
Dr. Luis H Urrea II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near El Paso, TX.