Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Luis Vasconez
Dr. Luis Vasconez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Plastic Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Vasconez is affiliated with Uab Medical West, Uab Highlands and University of Alabama Hospital at Birmingham. He speaks English.
Dr. Luis Vasconez has the following 2 specialties
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Bedsores (Pressure Ulcer)
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Face Cancer (Facial Neoplasm)
- Facelift (Rhytidoplasty)
- Facial Injuries
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Leg Ulcer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
- Ventral Hernia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Vasconez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Uab Medical West
University of Alabama Hospital at Birmingham
UAB Medical Center
University of Alabama Hospital
51 Years Experience
Washington University at St. Louis
Graduated in 1962
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Luis Vasconez accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUAB Medicine, 1530 3rd Ave S, Birmingham, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Luis Vasconez in this video.
Dr. Luis Vasconez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.