Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lukas Alexanian MD
Dr. Lukas Alexanian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glendale, CA, with another office in Burbank, CA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Lukas Alexanian has 2 locations
1560 E Chevy Chase Dr Ste 130
Glendale, CA 91206
2211 W Magnolia Blvd Ste 100
Burbank, CA 91506
Book Online Now
Dr. Lukas Alexanian has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Lukas Alexanian has the following 13 expertise
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Lukas Alexanian is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lukas Alexanian - Posted on December 12th, 2018
Dr. Alexanian is compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He literally is an angel who saved my mom from severe mental health issues. He knows what to do even before I fully explain all the complicated details. He is also very compassionate and understanding when it comes to payment. You would not believe the care and support we received from this doctor both in hospital and in office.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lukas Alexanian - Posted on September 23rd, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lukas Alexanian - Posted on April 30th, 2015
The most disgusting person I've ever came across. Very disrespectful, angry man who needs some serious help himself. I contacted him to ask for help thinking he was an experienced doctor and instead I was harassed by rude comments telling me I was uneducated and shouldn't even talk. He kept interrupting me from explaining the situation regardless from what I had to say he contantly continued with his hurtful unsympathetic comments. From a phycistrist I was expected a little bit more comforting words of advice or help. My child has been under his care and has only gotten worse by time. Such a rude person should never have the right to deal with patients who are sensitive, vulnerable, and need sympathy along with constant care. I would never recommend such a disrepectful, unsympathetic, rude "person"
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lukas Alexanian - Posted on March 25th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lukas Alexanian - Posted on October 1st, 2013
This Physician DOES NOT CARE AT ALL about his patients. He immediately talks about the form of pay as soon as he starts treatment, doesn't do anything to go out of his way and will wash his hands of the patient at first opprotunity. He doesn't care--you are not a doctor if you don't care especially when dealing with such vulnerable patients.
33 Years Experience
Dartmouth Medical School
Graduated in 1985
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Lukas Alexanian Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lukas Alexanian is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Glendale, CA.