Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Luther V Rhodes III has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Luther V Rhodes III has the following 8 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Infectious Disease
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Luther V Rhodes III is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Rhodes is outstanding. He has tremendous knowledge and truly cares about the patient. He always seems to give the patient as much time as the patient needs. He answers any questions you have. We have been seeing him for several months because of complications of a wound that developed an infection. He prescribed the necessary antibiotics during the hospital stay and afterwards. Follow up appointments included him checking to make sure there were no adverse effects happening from the medication. I personally find him a very interesting person that is very easy to talk to. His staff is also very caring and helpful.
Dr spent most of the visit talking about things that had nothing to do with me. Never examined areas I expressed concerns with. Just dismissed the symptons i relayed to him. Left the room and did not return because he took a phone call. Nurse did not even know if I needed another appointment. Promissed to call me at home, never happened. Been running a fever for six months and he just dismissed my concerns with alot of talk about nothing.
Best you can get at lvh
Dr. Rhodes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Luther V Rhodes III accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLehigh Valley Infectious Diseases Specialists, 1250 S Cedar Crest Blvd Ste 200, Allentown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Luther V Rhodes III in this video.
Dr. Luther V Rhodes III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.