Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Luz M Martin MD
Dr. Luz M Martin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MA. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Martin is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center and Baystate Medical Center. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Luz M Martin has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Luz M Martin has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 11
Self-verified patient of Dr. Luz M Martin - Posted on September 26th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Luz M Martin - Posted on August 18th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Luz M Martin - Posted on August 4th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Luz M Martin - Posted on May 24th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Luz M Martin - Posted on December 13th, 2015
Used to be with this doctor all the time. Just trys to push you down on pills that you do not need just to make money out of you. She almost came close to try and put me in a mental hospital even when I was not doing anything wrong and was having side effects from the medications that I was taking at the time that caused me headaches. I was trying to come off the medications that were giving me side effects and just was still pushing me to continue taking the pills even though they were giving me side effects. Also tried to put another patient in her office at risk by continuing to push them to take the medication that was giving them side effects too. Please avoid this doctor at all cost.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Martin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1985
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Luz M Martin Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsLUZ M MARTIN & ASSOCIATES, 299 Carew St Ste 300, Springfield, MA
Dr. Luz M Martin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Springfield, MA.