Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lydia M Lasichak
Dr. Lydia M Lasichak, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Bloomfield, MI, with other offices in Livonia, MI and Livonia, MI . She has 42 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lasichak is affiliated with DMC Huron Valley - Sinai Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Lydia M Lasichak has 3 locations
14555 Levan Rd Ste 116
Livonia, MI 48154
Book Online Now
Dr. Lydia M Lasichak has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lydia M Lasichak has the following 8 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lydia M Lasichak - Posted on November 11th, 2018
Best doctor ever.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lydia M Lasichak - Posted on July 25th, 2018
I was a patient of Dr. Lasichak for over 25 years. I was diagnosed with RA for almost 40 years. I started seeing her at Henry Ford Hospital and followed her as she relocated. I last saw her at Providence Hospital. The staff is very incompetent. My appointment was canceled without telling me. The drive is approximately 45 minutes for me. When I attempted to make another appointment later, I was informed Dr. Lasichak retired due to health problems. I've been under the care of other rheumatologists, but no one compares to Dr. Lasichak. She is the greatest.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lydia M Lasichak - Posted on March 28th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lydia M Lasichak - Posted on May 9th, 2015
I agree with the reviewer of 12 Dec 2010 COMPLETELY!! Dr Lasichak is, I believe, one of the best Rheumatologists in the USA! I was her patient for over 10 years and she correctly diagnosed me with Ankylosing Spondilitis which I had suffered with for over 30 years before she diagnosed it. She also correctly determined that I have the HLA-B27 gene which is responsible for many of my symptoms. I would recommend Dr Lasichak whole-heartedly and without reservation!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lydia M Lasichak - Posted on September 30th, 2010
Dr. Lasichak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1976
Geisinger Health System
Dr. Lydia M Lasichak Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lydia M Lasichak, MD - Rheumatology in West Bloomfield, MI, in this video.
Dr. Lydia M Lasichak is similar to the following 4 Doctors near West Bloomfield, MI.