Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lydia Haren
Dr. Lydia Haren, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chattanooga, TN. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Addiction Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Haren is affiliated with Medical Univ Of Sc, Musc Medical Center and Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health. She speaks English.
Dr. Lydia Haren has the following 2 specialties
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Haren is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical Univ Of Sc
Musc Medical Center
Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health
17 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Lydia Haren accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMoccasin Bend Mental Health Institute, 100 Moccasin Bend Rd, Chattanooga, TN
Dr. Lydia Haren is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.