Dr. Lydia Jeffries Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lydia Jeffries?

Not the best

Posted on July 2nd, 2016

Both locations of this office are terrible for their privacy. One time I went and was sitting outside of two rooms while waiting for a nurse and they left both doors open and I could hear everything going on. You can also hear through the walls at both locations. I have complained twice. Also, she is fine, I do like her, but she is very fast with you. She is in and out and you get the feeling she has a ton of other patients to see. Which I am sure is true, but it is not a great way to treat patients. She also had me do my yearly bloodwork w/o fasting because I'm young, but I'm 46! And I didn't know better so now I have to get it redone and pay for it.

Posted on April 14th, 2016

Very pleased with my care. I had a very complicated abdominal hysterectomy secondary to severe endometriosis. She not only helped me navigate and heal through the procedure, but also the aftermath of hormone replacement and return to health. She is an accomplished, professional, woman of grace; and deeply appreciated!

Extremely Dissapointed

Posted on November 3rd, 2015

First time visiting Asheville Women's Center and last! My total experience at this center was so totally unprofessional, I can never say anything good about them. I am still waiting for the Dr to call me and explain what happened, and its been two weeks. Worse mammogram in all my years. I wonder if the tech's are even license. Please do your research before going to a new center. This is an honest review.

Posted on May 16th, 2013

Dr. Jeffries was speeding through my appt. She had the tools that she was going to use for my annual visit sitting on a stack of recycled cut into quarters paper that had been written on instead of a sanitary sheet. Her tools were left out in a pen cup with the applicators upward exposed to the air. Her medical waste bin and applicators overflowing and couldn't shut. Lastly, she used the speculum on me, was so rough, she caused me to bleed and then dumped the speculum, blood and all in a hand washing sink. I took pictures of everything and am showing them to an attorney. Apparently, I'm not the only one who has experienced this bad practice. I would most certainly not recommend her to anyone.

Experience and Wisdom

Posted on February 5th, 2013

The Best

Posted on May 22nd, 2012

I cant say enough about Dr. Jeffries. She has helped me in so many ways. Never been disrespectful in any way. I was having terrible fertility issues after losing my first child. I went into labor at 24wks. He lived 25 days. She was not my doctor at this time in my life, BUT she is now. Thanks to her, I have a beautiful, healthy 6 yr old daughter. She showed such compassion and was determined to help me. I wish all doctors were like her!

Wish I could give her 10+ stars!

Posted on September 14th, 2011

Dr. Jeffries is a wonderful doctor! I have been a patient of hers off and on for nearly 20 years and have always been impressed by her knowledge and compassion. During the first ten years, she guided me through six complicated pregnancies (2 miscarriages and 4 successful births). I then went several years without seeing her until I had an abnormal pap smear during my yearly physical with my GP. I immediately scheduled an appt. with Dr. Jeffries who went out of her way to make sure I had the additional tests I needed and followed up with me to make sure all of my questions were answered. I am so thankful to have her in my corner!

choose another provider!

Posted on May 14th, 2011

Terrible experience! Don't know why this Dr is rated so well by others on this site. I was discriminated against - she refused to see me because my insurance had run out - I OFFERED TO PAY IN FULL AT TIME OF VISIT - HUMILIATING EXPERIENCE!!!

An angel!

Posted on March 10th, 2011

I came to Dr. Jeffries with a complicated medical problem which required an extensive surgery 3 months after a very bad experience with another surgery. I was EXTREMELY ANXIOUS about another surgery. She treated me with care, respect, and understanding and in addition had the experience and skill to prepare for and handle whatever came next. I trust her implicitly and respect her enormously. I was a PA for 13 years and my husband has been a PA for 17 years. She is in the top 5 MDs we have ever known.

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on November 9th, 2010

I have been experiencing a lot of discomfort for over a year now, but have waited to afford medical coverage so I could seek a doctor. Dr. Jeffries was kind and helpful and really listened to everything I had to say and was very informative and attuned to what I was experiencing. I am finally getting answers. She was very helpful with scheduling me an ultrasound as quickly as possible rather than waiting. I am very happy I found her.

Best Doctor in the South

Posted on October 15th, 2010

Dr Jeffries is the best doctor in the South - she is very confident and knows what she is doing. I would highly recommend her to family and friends.

not the best experience

Posted on March 9th, 2010

In my experience this Dr provides average care. Seems a little overextended. Had a hard time getting any answers about some issues I was having. Very little eye contact always looking at computer and typing. Had an ablation not go so well and then my follow up appoitment was completely bungled up(office staff and Dr not on same page) causing me stress and more pain. Phone nurse was unprofessional and overall I felt that none of what I was saying was being heard and it was affecting my health. Had to find another Dr to take care of unresolved issues.