Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lydia M Lasichak has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lydia M Lasichak has the following 10 expertise
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. Lydia M Lasichak has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 20
I agree with the reviewer of 12 Dec 2010 COMPLETELY!! Dr Lasichak is, I believe, one of the best Rheumatologists in the USA! I was her patient for over 10 years and she correctly diagnosed me with Ankylosing Spondilitis which I had suffered with for over 30 years before she diagnosed it. She also correctly determined that I have the HLA-B27 gene which is responsible for many of my symptoms. I would recommend Dr Lasichak whole-heartedly and without reservation!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
42 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lydia M Lasichak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Bloomfield, MI.