Dr. Lydia Lopez Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Lydia Lopez?

Co pay amounts

Posted on October 10th, 2017

I love Dr Lopez however I feel I am being penalized for having private insurance. I have 3 family members that see Dr Lopez and without any notification, I started being charged $150.00 because the office no longer takes private insurance and they do not work with members and doing payment plans. It is so hard to find a child psych Dr and then to be given the option of either pay $150.00 up front per kid or don't be seen at all is ridiculous. And then society wonders about police learning how to deal with people with mental illness... how about we start with them being able to be seen at a reasonable rate. I wouldn't mind paying the full amount if it was just one kid but its not.

RN

Posted on July 27th, 2016

My goodness this provider has a bogus non-workable phone number. Take yourself off the list then if you cannot provide honest patient services. This is ridiculous. I will never recommend this provider to any of our families.

Terrible Experience

Posted on March 16th, 2014

These words will be with me for the rest of my life "You must've liked being abused since you did nothing to stop it". She should not be allowed to practice.

Terrible

Posted on September 21st, 2012

She insults me and my moms family even though she has never met my mom or my other kin. She makes me feel worse about myself. So much for helping me.

Cookie cutter diagnosis

Posted on February 23rd, 2010

Spent 5 minutes with my child and labeled him as Aspergers. School disagreed, other dr's disagreed. One ER doctor immedietly took him off the prescribed meds after spending time with him. Dr. Lopez interrupts when you talk, does not return calls promply, and overall just seems to care very little and just writes prescriptions.

worst doctor i've ever had

Posted on February 12th, 2010

I would never recommend Dr. lopez to anyone I know. She is extremely judgemental, which is appaulling considering she is a pychiatrist! I have been a patient of hers for about 3-4 years now and the ONLY reason I haven't switched to a new doctor is because I only went to see her every 3-4 months and I always needed a refill for my prescirption. A typical experience in her office is as follows: first, spend about 2 weeks just trying to schedual an appt. Tell the extremely rude receptionist that you're there, then wait in the lobby for about an hour for your appointment to even start. Spend about 10-20 mins with the doctor while she goes down a list of impersonal questions about your sleep, appetite, ect. OCCASSIONALLY encounter a question about your personal well-being. Have her thrust a perscription in your face and then basically have the receptionist kick you out while she promises to call to schedual your next appointment (which never happens). Dr. Lopez could honestly care less about her patients and how she treats them. DO NOT waste your money.

Mediocre

Posted on December 4th, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Lopez for years. My experience as a whole has been that Psychiatrists in the area are difficult to get appointments with and consistently fail to provide quality service. I have had a number of occurences where I have been treated rudely by her staff. I have had scheduling errors and problems with prescriptions as a result of her office staff. Yet, she is quick to blame the patient and has no problem billing for "missed" appointments!If there was somewhere else to go, I'd go. Unfortunately, Dr. Lopez is just another mediocre doctor providing service at the level that is apparantly the standard for this field.

Very rude staff, poor response to patients

Posted on September 13th, 2008

Dr. Lopez has a very rude staff and it is very difficult to get in touch with her when my child is in crisis. I would change doctors, but the waiting list for a good doctor is too long and he needs the medications. I am looking....

Apathetic

Posted on September 4th, 2008

Dr. Lopez does not care about her patients. She is nearly impossible to get through to, whether you are another doctor needing a referral, or a patient. When phoned in times of debilitating panic attacks, she simply stated "I don't know what to tell you. You can try the emergency room. Dr. Lopez shouldn't be a cause of anxiety to her patients, she should calm them.

Posted on September 29th, 2017