Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lyle W Bauman
Dr. Lyle W Bauman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Marion, VA, with another office in Marion, VA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Bauman is affiliated with Smyth County Community Hospital. Dr. Bauman has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Lyle W Bauman has the following 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Lyle Bauman has been my doctor for about 5 years. He has operated on me a couple of times. He is the best doctor that I have seen. Dr. Bauman takes the time needed with each individual person. He is honest and up front with you. He will not give you medications and send you home. He will find out one way or another what is wrong with you. He saved my dad's life about 14 years ago. He is one of the very few true doctor's there is today.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012, 2010, 2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2010, 2016, 2015, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Bauman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Lyle W Bauman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lyle W Bauman in this video.
Dr. Lyle W Bauman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marion, VA.