Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lynette H Posorske
Dr. Lynette H Posorske, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Silver Spring, MD. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Posorske is affiliated with Suburban Hospital, Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center and Adventist Healthcare Washington Adventist Hospital. Dr. Posorske has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Lynette H Posorske has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
My late sister was a patient of Dr. Posorsky for many years. During the entire time, she was treated with such kindness. Dr. P., as my sis affectionately called her, was always attentive and helpful, gentle to a fault. When my sister was in the final days of her illness, Dr. P always came to visit her in the hospital, even when her GP did not. After my sister passed, Dr. P and her staff were sincerely sympathetic and offered so many kind words. I will never forget this excellent doctor. SHe is the absolute greatest!
Doctor" P." and her staff are about the best around. When first diagnosed I was reluctant to meet with her when the appointment dates arrived. Instead of going quarterly I would go semi annually. I have to say that Doctor P. finally got her way. She calmed my fears and helped me through the process of growing stronger with a life threatening disease instead of becoming weaker because of the disease. To date I would strongly recommend "Doctor P!" The Vampire women....(which I can never remember her name) is a great asset to her team! I call her this because every time you have a doctors visit she is the one that will take your blood. :-)
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Posorske is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Lynette H Posorske accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMontgomery Infectious Disease Associates, 8630 Fenton St Ste 700, Silver Spring, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lynette H Posorske in this video.
Dr. Lynette H Posorske is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Silver Spring, MD.