Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Lynette S Smith-Caillouet
Dr. Lynette S Smith-Caillouet, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN, with other offices in Indianapolis, IN and Indianapolis, IN . She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Smith-Caillouet is affiliated with Presence United Samaritan Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Lynette S Smith-Caillouet has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lynette S Smith-Caillouet has the following 7 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
Dr. Lynette S Smith-Caillouet has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 5
This doctor was outstanding. She spent time with many family members explaining everything that was happening to cause me to have what was called sepsis. She checked on me every hour on the hour for the first 12 hours that I was in the hospital. I could not have gotten better and more confident care.
I'm diabetic. She never checks feet unless asked. She never listens to carotids unless asked. She never palpitates abdomen unless asked. She never looks in throat or ears unless asked. Basically the checkup consists of blood pressure reading, a 3-second listen to chest with a stethoscope. The "checkup" is almost entirely just looking at the minimal lab work that was ordered and reporting on current Z1C. Most incompetient doctor I've ever been to. Answer to everything is another drug or pill & no education or information about sideeffects is ever given.
Dr. Smith-Caillouet is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Lynette S Smith-Caillouet accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lynette S Smith-Caillouet is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.