Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lynn Alvarez has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Alvarez saw me promptly a few years ago and did what I consider to be a thorough assessment while remaining sensitive as well. We worked on meds together and she was able to hit on a combo that worked well. We also did vigorous and lasting work in therapy. I'm happy to say I've graduated! But I will miss seeing her. I'd highly recommend her to people looking for a psychiatrist.
It is easy to get an appointment with this doctor but then the really bad doctors do have appointments available. I should have known better but when you are suffering you will go anywhere that will help you. This doctor was not accurate in diagnosing my illness and gave me medications that could have seriously compromised my health. NEVER again.
16 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Lynn Alvarez accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions4110 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR
Dr. Lynn Alvarez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.