Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Carroll L Anderson Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Carroll L Anderson Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carroll L Anderson Jr - Posted on January 8th, 2015
New to the area and came upon valley day and night clinic. Waited awhile approx under an hour, but to their defense lobby was full. I was seen by a mi ...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carroll L Anderson Jr - Posted on September 30th, 2012
where's dr. anderson?
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carroll L Anderson Jr - Posted on November 22nd, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carroll L Anderson Jr - Posted on February 3rd, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carroll L Anderson Jr - Posted on October 16th, 2010
wento my regular doctor he said I have an ear infection and perscribed ear drops $175.00 ear got worse decided to seek second opinion went to this clinic saw Anderson he is older but remember the elder have been around the block and back ( more experience ) he advised that this was no Ear infection in was A infected clogged gland in front of the Ear ( very swollen and purple ) and that this could have turned into A anferous situation could have in time affected the brain he prescribed some strong antibiotics and A cou[ple injections I was like new in A few days great work
38 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Carroll L Anderson Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carroll L Anderson Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Brownsville, TX.