Dr. Lynn A Burmeister Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Lynn A Burmeister?

You deserve better

Where to even begin. Her bedside manner is atrocious and I felt humiliated by her response to my symptoms, like I was a child being scolded for bothering her. I can handle bad manners if the trade-off is being a medical genius but her thyroid info is way out of date. She doesn't even test free T3 levels, much less prescribe meds for it! Literally the only benefit to seeing her is that you get to visit the U of M building, which is gorgeous and looks like a space ship inside. No idea how she manages to work at such a prestigious clinic but she does not deserve to be called a thyroid specialist.

Horrible bedside manner

Working at the University myself in the medical field, I have plenty of experience with specialists and their wide arrange of personalities but this was the first time I can say that this Doctor needs a class on bedside manner and sensitivity. Not only was she condescending and abrasive but the entire appointment I felt as if I was on trial. I went in for help with regulating my thyroid issues and came out feeling horrible about myself and without hope for the future. I would STRONGLY suggest to reconsider seeing this woman for any endocrine issues. She needs to stay in research away from patients.

Dr Lynn Burmeister misdiagnoses

Lynn examined me and advised me she had a polyp . Lynn then went on to say IVF cannot be done until the polyp was removed, Lynn advised she could do the procedure but to us it was at a hefty cost , so we had agreed with Lynn that we would undertake the surgery thru the public health system. After surgery was undertaken we were advised that were was no polyp by staff there.So Lynn had misdiagnosed me and I had done undertaken invasive surgery for no reason at all.

Lynn Burmeister is amazing! I trusted her wholeheartedly so professional

Not A Cancer Expert...

Dr. Burmeister was referred to me due to her "expertise" in my cancer. Throughout the course of my treatment, I developed underlying cardiac issues which were being aggravated by the medications she was prescribing me. I repeatedly notified her that my heart felt off and that my heart was facing. Her response ALWAYS was that I must be dealing with anxiety rather than a serious side effect of the medication she put me on. She refused to take me seriously and gave me a referral to a psychologist rather than a cardiologist! I decided to go to a cardiologist on my own, who put me on a heart monitor and captured my heart beat hitting close to 200 BPM multiple times a day while I was resting! My cardiologist immediately recommended that I see another physician due to the reckless attitude of Dr. Burmeister, as she refused to listen to serious symptoms and was ignoring serious heart symptoms that were extremely out of control due to lack of monitoring my cancer medication properly. I needed to be on heart medication to counteract the cancer medication and not see a therapist like she was insisting. She is not a good cancer doctor because she ignores serious warning signs of complications that can turn deadly if left untreated. I cannot even imagine where I would be now if I took her word that my heart racing was "all in my head" and saw a therapist instead of a cardiologist. She simply is dangerous and I would not wish my worst enemy to be under her cancer care, as they simply would not be monitored correctly and would be lead to falsely believe that they are receiving excellent care. There are other endocrinologists in the system that will actually monitor you and will keep you alive by taking your symptoms seriously! Dr. Burmeister is not one of those "experts."

Horrible!

Worst physician I've ever seen. Not only is she rude, but she is not helpful! If you have Hashimoto's, she does not believe in any T3 meds. Bedside manner is the absolute worst. No suggestions for improving my health and I was almost suicidal. A family physician at Mayo helped manage my symptoms and was much more knowledgeable than she was. Avoid this doctor at all costs..

Glad you are whom you are Dr. Burmeister!!

screw bedside manners i say! inform me of my cancer and treatment best you can. Which is TOP QUALITY ENDOCRO!!!!! Highly recommended by me!!!!!

Unbelievable

This was the worst doctor's visit I have ever had. I actually went to this doctor 10 years ago, but at the time you could not rate them online. She was very rude, condescending, and asked if I was on birth control, for which I replied "yes." Her response to my answer was "good, because if you had a baby right now, your baby would have birth defects." My a1c was slightly high, over 9, I will give her that, but I was 19 and diabetic for a couple of years. She refused to sign my paperwork for the DMV even though I've never had a low blood sugar that would cause me unconsciousness. Instead of helping, she only made everything worse and made me scared to go to any doctor. I actually broke down crying in the room as I was 19 with a chronic health condition and trying to take care of myself the best I could. She has no empathy and definitely tells it how it is, even though half of what she said were assumptions. After leaving the office crying I had a nurse follow me and ask what happened and she asked me to call a number to report what happened in the room. I did end up calling and I told them that I refuse to pay for her services as she belittled me and did NOT HELP in any way, shape or form. I did pay for the nurse check in, but not for her lousy services. According to the nurse, I am not the only one that left her office in that state and she was very apologetic and encouraging. Every time I see this doctors name, I cringe and it makes me nauseous. I'm surprised she is still in practice. For being a "top" doctor, her reviews are subpar, not that I'm surprised. She may be knowledgeable but her delivery is horrendous!!

She is the best!

Dr Burmeister listens, thinks, correctly diagnoses and follows-up. She is fantastic!!!

DO NOT WORK WITH THIS WOMAN!!

I had to see her because of thyroid cancer diagnosis. She treated me like I was a major inconvenience in her day and has no problem belittling me and making rude comments towards me. When you have cancer, you do not need this woman's dreadful, mean spirited and rude personality interfering with your care. I got a bad vibe from her from my first appointment but decided to stick it out because I was told that she as an "expert." In fact, she greatly slowed down my healing because she is so upsetting to deal with that her personality (or lack of human empathy, emotion and kindness) ended up getting in the way of rapid healing. SHE IS NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE THAT SHE WILL CAUSE YOU!!! (Oh, and she will always show up 45 minutes late for your appointment.... every single time)

Very cold personality

Dr. Burmeister was very clinical and had a poor bedside manor. She would be a good academic instructor. But she is terrible with people.

This Woman is cheap and does not care about people. Only in it for the money

Dr. Lynn A Burmeister is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.