Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lynn Chao has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Digestive System Abnormalities
Showing 5 of 12
Dr Chao quickly diagnosed my problem and I was back within a few days for an outpatient procedure. She explained everything carefully and answered all my questions. I liked the way she was receptive to my questions and the way we interacted in a very equal way, never did I feel that she was not interested in my point of view. She was receptive to hearing my point of view, as we discussed the various options for me. I would use her again - without hesitation!
I had a difficult complication after the birth of my child. Dr Chao was recommended by my ob/gyn, and I am very grateful. I was in alot of pain over the several months which I needed to wait in order to be ready for surgery. During that time, Dr Chao followed my case closely and was very compassionate. She worked hard, researching how to best help me and was there for me every step of the way. She recently performed the surgery and so far it is a success. Dr Chao is a very caring and excellent surgeon, who will go the extra mile to help her patients.
She has a horrible bed side manner that left both my mother and I upset and uncertain about the whole procedure. Dr. Chao was not only 30 minutes late but when she entered the prep area she did not introduce herself. Then she asked if I had any questions and when I said yes, she followed with a very crude and inpatient, what? I was stunned by her lack of concern for my well being and felt as if I was inconveniencing her. I was informed that Dr. Chao spoke with me after the surgery but due to the sedative I had no recollection of what she said. I asked the nurse to call her into recovery because I had a few questions and was informed that the doctor had already left. At that point I felt like an animal that was hailed in for a procedure and then hailed out. On the car ride home I called Dr. Chaos office to make a follow up appointment 7 to 10 days after the procedure as I was instructed to and her office told me she will be out and I can only get an appointment 12 days after my surgery. I regret ever going through this procedure and find that Dr. Chao is a poor communicator. She advised me at the pre-op appointment that this surgery was not major and I would be able to function fine the following day. She completely misled me because I am unable to sit, stand, or lay without sever discomfort. I am divested by the way I was treated by both the surgical center and Dr. Chao.
I first met Dr Chao in the emergency room when I had gall bladder trouble. She quickly diagnosed the problem & performed surgery on me within about 4 hours. She explained everything very clearly, she was patient and was willing to spend time with me. I had successful surgery & then several follow up appointments. I would highly recommend Dr Lynn Chao.
29 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1989
Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Dr. Lynn Chao accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lynn Chao in this video.
Dr. Lynn Chao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.