Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lynn M Koehler has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Drug Allergy
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Lyme Disease
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Weight Loss
- Hiatal Hernia
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Bell's Palsy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Sports Injuries
- Adolescent Medicine
- Lung Cancer
- Urinary Incontinence
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Women's Health
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Smoking Cessation
- Facial Pain
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Blood Disorders
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Lipid Disorders
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Preventive Medicine
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Heart Failure
Showing 5 of 15
I visited the office twice both times i was billed for tests that I knew nothing about. During my second visit, I waited an hour before I finally saw the doctor. I have called numerous time asking about why they submitted for tests that I either refused or did not know about and they are not good at calling back. Very poor service. Make sure you check what you and your insurance are being billed for if you go to this office.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program
The NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program was launched in 2003. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to persons with cardiovascular disease (CVD) or who have had a stroke.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
Dr. Koehler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1986
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Lynn M Koehler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Medical Clinic, 1206 E 9th St Ste 210, Lockport, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lynn M Koehler in this video.
Dr. Lynn M Koehler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lockport, IL.