Dr. Lynn Mahony Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Lynn Mahony?

Dr. Lynn Mahony

Posted on July 30th, 2015

Dr. Mahony has wisdom, experience, up-to-date knowledge, strength, compassion and dedication. In the unusual chance she doesn't have the certain answer, she knows who does and how to get it quickly, and will. I would trust her decisions over anyone else's because she is one of the best pediatric cardiologists in the world.

Stubborn doctor who lets her pride get in the way of caring for patients

Posted on September 6th, 2014

Dr Lynn Mahony is not a good doctor. She would rather user her position to prove that she is right rather then listen to a concerned parent who think his kid may be taking a turn for the worse. When we got in the hospital my son was not eating. It turns out our son needed to be taking more food. Dr Mahoney forced our son to take an additional 25ml right away instead of weaning him into it. This caused my son to vomit for a few feedings till we forced them to step it down for a little while before stepping up to the full amount. The next issue was my son would desat and Dr Mahony said if my sons oxygen sustained in the 60's then she would schedule a Cath. 2 weeks of dsats and she never followed through even with RN's and nurses pushing for it. Dr Mahony forced my son to have a feeding tube even though he showed he was taking full feedings. My son after getting a feeding tube started to cough a little so used this as an excuse to quarantine my kid so that he couldn't get any procedures to very if he was getting worse or better. She waited until after putting him in quarantine to actually test for a virus which he was negative for but she still left him on quarantine. Dr Mahony will do anything to show that she is right. She doesn't care if her decisions make you kid worse. My son had to get another doctor who immediately ran some test and realized my son needed to be treated more quickly. Please don't let Dr Mahony bully you. Ask for another doctor ASAP if you think she isn't listening. Trust me you will be happy you did.

Stubborn doctor who lets her pride get in the way of caring for patients

Horrible Doctor

Posted on September 6th, 2014

This has been the worst doctor I have ever seen. She is rude, cold hearted, and a liar. She made my husband and I feel stupid and worthless. Our son was born with TOF, PA and MAPCAS. He was doing very well and then slowly stopped eating and was admitted to Children's when he was 5 weeks old. (This is after we spent 2 weeks in the hospital with him prior) Dr. Mahony said that he had a virus, which he tested NEGATIVE for and she said she would do a cath, which she never did. My son got an ngt tube dropped before even giving him a chance to see if he could eat without it. He then of course started sneezing and coughing up spit, which he did last time he had a feeding tube until he got used to it. Dr Mahony used his reaction to the feeding tube to justify her outrageous thought that he had a virus. Luckily we got a new doctor and he ordered x-rays and an echo-graph for our son and he'll get a cath next week and possibly have surgery. Bottom line, if you get this doctor and do not agree with what she says, FOLLOW YOUR GUT FEELINGS. You know your child more than any doctor ever will. As for us, we hope to never see her again.

A Wonderful Experience

Posted on July 31st, 2013

I am surprised a few people have said how bad Dr. Mahony is, sure she is curt at times and seems to talk over your head, but she is a woman (maybe she should be softer) in a world of men in a profession that takes dedication and patience with laymen like me who do not understand how delicate the heart can be. My daughter was born in 1986 with pulmonary artresia, two VSDs and other problems. She was a miracle to even be alive. Dr. Mohony was straight forward with her prognosis, she would not survive unless something was developed to save her. I appreciated her honesty, She smiled when Anelisa came around and you could tell she cared about the children, I believe her heart is in the right place. No one is perfect however, I can't even begin to explain how I thought my daughter would be 'fixed' by the doctors, how I thought medicine had made great advances in all areas, but it has not. So many lose their lives from the fight of CHD and other congenital disease. I believe the good care from Dr. Mahony and her team was part of the longevity my daughter experienced for fourteen years. There is a fine line between being too friendly with clients and trying to convey a caring environment in doctor's offices. If I had the chance again, I would have returned to her office over and over again, as we did. Thank you Lynn Mahony for being there for us.

Horrible Doctor lies to parents and has no bedside manner.

Posted on March 20th, 2013

Doctor Mahony, was rude from the first time we seen her. She acted as if we were an inconvenience to her,she asked us several questions about our daughter who was 1 yr at the time. We answered yes to sell her questios,then she said our daughter was fine. She has a hole in her heart. We had to beg and pled to get her to an EKG. Then when it was over she came into the room with an additude. Worst of all she looked my husband and I in the face and told us her hole was closed. That she would need no further visits. If I had taken her word instead of following my feelings and going straight to her doctor, who told me the hole was not closed, something bad could have happened to our beautiful little girl. Don't take your child to this doctor, she shouldn't beable to practice medicine. Dr. Laird is a awesome and trustworthy doctor.

An absolute mess of a doctor!

Posted on February 19th, 2013

Dr. Lynn Mahony is the worst doctor I've ever came in contact with! When she entered the room she shook my hand & gave me a business card. She then proceeds asking questions. She asked 15 questions in less than 2 minutes, not even allowing me time to answer. She then pops off at both of my children, telling them to sit and hush their mouths. What a horrible experience! Do NOT see this rude lady!!! The ambulatory front desk had very nice and friendly workers. It's a shame how one person can ruin the outlook of the entire facility.

Posted on July 10th, 2012

Dr Mahony may be an expert in the field of pediatric cardiology but she definitely lacks bedside manner, empathy, and the ability to relate to her pediatric patients. If you have a child with ongoing cardiac needs, I would NOT recommend this physician. Find a pediatric cardiologist that has exceptional expertise AND the ability to relate to their patients/parents in a kind, caring way.

Great Doctor

Posted on November 20th, 2008

Dr. Mahony has been my sons cardiologist basically since he was born. There were a few years we lived in Colorado and he had to see a doctor there and I was not at all satisfied with him. Dr. Mahony has always been very upfront and straight forward about everything and that is what you need. One thing she said that stuck with me was to not treat my child abnormally because she could only fix the physical problems she would not be able to fix the mental problems that treating him differently could cause. I met another child who was the same age as my son and had a hole in his heart repaired (I wish that is all my son had) but anyway that boys dad acted like he could not do everything all the other children did. Example he had an older son who was wrestling around with his son who had surgery and he told his other son to stop that because of his son's heart he shouldn't be doing that! I would like to have seen him tell my son that who was born with Pulmonary valve atresia, Ventricular septal defect and a atrial septal defect. My son would say I will wrestle with him! My son is a big boy! They were 15 then.I got to witness first hand how that child acted so much different from my child who still needs another surgery and is 18yrs old now. My son told me the other day he almost never thinks about his heart he just lives normally and that is the best thing!

Posted on July 21st, 2015