Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lynn M Utecht has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Utecht is an amazing doctor who takes the time to address any concerns and questions that a patient has in order to ensure that they are comfortable and understand the information being given to them. I completely disagree with the other individual's comment about the treatment she says she received, that is about as far fetched as possible from the wonderful care I know people have always received at Dr. Utecht's office.
Overall experience was not good since I am still dealing with the skin problem after seeing Dr. Utech over 2 years ago. I went for a skin disorder and was treated for severe acne - which I do not have. I am seeing another doctor now who has done blood work on me and other tests that Dr. Utecht never did. I was never told what was going on. I was put on antibiotics for over a year -- eeek. But I was desperate so I did what the doc said, my conditioned just worsened and when I tried to go see her (everytime I try to schedule and appt.) it takes over a month to get in unless someone cancels and they don't call you if someone does they tell you to call daily to check for cancelations. It is my view that this office is far too busy to care and I feel based on my treatment that Dr. Utecht was not thorough enough in assessing my condition. I was very disapointed as my skin condition was unsightly and this doctor did not help me.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Lynn M Utecht accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAtlantic Dermatology Associates Pc, 1101 First Colonial Rd Ste 200, Virginia Beach, VA
Dr. Lynn M Utecht is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Virginia Beach, VA.