Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lynne M Messner has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Lynne M Messner has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Messner has always been attentive. Yes, she enters everything in her computer, but she communicates as she does this. I find her knowledgeable, personable and compassionate. I have never had to wait a long time, but perhaps that is because I set morning appointments. As they day progresses, I have found with other doctors, the wait time increases.
I thought I was the only one who experienced at every appointment Dr. Messner tapping away on her computer with minimal eye contact. Avoids physical contact as well. I'm a female, diabetic and an absent thyroid. Only at 1 out of at least 7 appointments did she check my neck, feet or breast. The last appointment was the first time, I has a list of questions as I had unexplained weight loss. When I told I had some questions she said she didn't know if she would have time to answer all my questions and that may another appt. would be needed. I firmly said "you will answer all my questions" and followed through. I was angry. This was the first time she acknowledged the unexplained weight loss which I had mentioned to her at the previous quarterly appointment. When she saw the weight difference she said "you know that could be a sign of cancer". She said like anyone would say it's a lovely sunny day in the Valley. Turns out I do have cancer and in treatment. My oncologist Dr. Amy Law has my complete trust and I believe her to be an ANGEL. I only thank Dr. Messner for that referral. I will never go back to her offices nor would I ever give her name as possible primary. I don't question her competence, I question her humanity.
Don't like that she NEVER looks up, just types on her computer. Relies on blood tests not talking to patient. I don't feel like she has any communications skills and feel ignored and unimportant. I know doctors have many patients and I wait for hours to see her, she could at least acknowledge my existence!! I feel she requests unnecessary tests and extra appointments because she does not talk to patient. Looking for new primary "CARE" doctor.
21 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Lynne M Messner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Specialists, 72780 Country Club Dr Ste 100, Rancho Mirage, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lynne M Messner in this video.
Dr. Lynne M Messner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rancho Mirage, CA.