Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marc R Alerte MD
Dr. Marc R Alerte has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marc R Alerte has the following 8 expertise
- Geriatric Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Weight Loss
Showing 1 of 1
Not a good follow up Dr.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marc R Alerte - Posted on May 8th, 2018
Dr. Has treated my husband for about three years. I have been telling him to change. He has prescribed medicines he didn't need to take. He does not follow up on your complaints with concern. All he does is take blood and send you on your way , never address what you went for. I have been told that he does not examine you. No hands on doctor, this is why a friend of mine stoped going to Dr Alert, because he acted like he didn't want to touch patients.. My friend has found another primary care Doctor. Any one with serious issue better stay away.
43 Years Experience
- Guadalajara Auton Univ
Dr. Marc R Alerte Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
More about Dr. Marc R Alerte
Dr. Marc Antoine Alerte is an insightful and compassionate internist based in Brooklyn, NY. Originally from Haiti, Dr. Alerte earned his medical degree from the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara in Mexico. He accomplished his pediatric residency at the King County Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Alerte is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and a member of the Haitian Medical Association as well as the American Medical Association. In addition to his duties as a medical practitioner, Dr. Alerte contributes to academia by serving as an associate professor of medicine. Dr. Alerte’s medical scope is vast and impressive; he has managed and treated a variety of disorders including urinary tract infections, sickle cell disease, postpartum depression, high blood pressure, and interstitial lung disease. He also offers services in hormone replacement therapy consultation, annual and pre-sports physicals, and cancer screenings. Outside of work he enjoys spending time with his family, reading, and playing soccer.
Locations & DirectionsST JOHNS MEDICAL CENTER, 1388 Saint Johns Pl, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Marc R Alerte is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.