Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Melquiades R Valenzuela has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 7
Not only was it hard to get an appointment - had to wait almost 1 month - he was very hard to understand once I was in there. He wanted me to get blood work done, so I did. He Never To This Day called me to go over the results. This is the first time I have written a review of a Dr, and I am doing so, so that hopefully it will save some people a headache in dealing with him & his staff. I did not call about my bloodwork because I really did not want to deal with them again. Also my pharmacy has has a problem on several occassions trying to get them to reply to their refill requests. I have since decided to go to another Dr and am SO happy I made that choice.
Dr. Mel Valenzuela is probably very educated in the medical field, but he is not of much help with his abrupt sarcasm. I came to him seeking help for a serious problem I have had only to find no help at all. He is also VERY hard to understand. He was extremely infuriated at me for a insignificant mistake I made on my paperwork and the whole appointment was basically about my mistake. I sat through his lecture very respectfully waiting for him to address the actual reason I was there for. He stormed out of the room and did not even give me a chance to tell him about my problem.I decided that I would seek help elsewhere. His assistants seemed to be aware of his erratic behavior as well. I hope this does not happen to everyone that goes in there because it is very discouraging to wait for a month for an appointment and not even receive the correct treatment.
- University Of The Philippines
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Melquiades R Valenzuela accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMelquiades Rivero Valenzuela Md, 43841 10th St W, Lancaster, CA
Dr. Melquiades R Valenzuela is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lancaster, CA.