Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Meredith G Matzkin MD
Dr. Meredith G Matzkin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Thousand Oaks, CA. He has 52 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. He speaks English.
Dr. Meredith G Matzkin has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Meredith G Matzkin has the following 10 expertise
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Pain
- Vision Issues
- Eye Exam
Dr. Meredith G Matzkin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
52 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1967
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Meredith G Matzkin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Meredith G Matzkin
Ophthalmologist Dr. M. Gene Matzkin M.D. | Thousand OaksDr. Matzkin graduated from the UCLA School of Medicine and received his ophthalmology training at UCLA's Jules Stein Eye Institute and Harbor General Hospital. He then entered the U.S. Navy and as a Lieutenant Commander, was the sole ophthalmologist on Guam for two years. Since 1974, he has been in private practice with the Lynn Eye Medical Group, primarily interested in general ophthalmology with a focus in cataract surgery. He has been active in teaching eye surgery, and since 1990 has been Associate Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at the Jules Stein Eye Institute, receiving the UCLA Department of Ophthalmology Senior Honor Award in 2000.
Locations & DirectionsLYNN EYE MEDICAL GROUP INC, 2230 Lynn Rd Ste 102, Thousand Oaks, CA
Dr. Meredith G Matzkin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.