Dr. Mohamed Wagdi Attia Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mohamed Wagdi Attia?

Dr Attia needs to retire before he damages someone

Posted on October 3rd, 2017

At first meeting, Dr. Attia comes of as affable. But if you disagree with him in any way or try to detail the issues you're having, he waves his hand and says "You're not listening." Or he threatens that we must discontinue our relationship. The latest, after trying to express my feelings about my depression, he says he's retiring. Well he should retire. In order to try to work it out, I often don't tell him the worst of my problems. It's my fault that I worried about HIM getting upset. Ridiculous. He comes first. Remember that. He answers calls. Assistants walk in the office while you're talking to have him sign papers. He is old and tired. He complains. You don't need that type of doctor. Having been a patient of another shrink for some years (he retired), I ended up with Attia. He took my insurance and had been recommended. I've known him ~ 4 years. I am now going to another doctor, who may actually be interested in helping me. As to medicine - he has his prejudices. He just wants to give you the prescriptions without listening to you about how they're not really helping. He jumps to conclusions on drugs without providing the information you need, like side effects to watch out for. He had a new $2,000 / month anti-depressant sample on his desk and said "Here take this. It will work." He gave me a prescription for it, and luckily I went to the pharmacy first to check its cost. $2,000 per month! I had told him over and over that I was having financial difficulty, but as usual he doesn't listen. The waiting room is ridiculous. The worst was when I waited 3 hours for my appointment. I am always on time; he never is. Again, it's all about him. Never apologizes for keeping you waiting or taking calls, etc. I am so glad I got out of there. Worst doctor I have ever met. He should do us all a favor and retire.

Posted on June 8th, 2017

Can only practice psychiatry. Keeps patients long term. Believes in trial and error of meds. A quake. A compulsive liar at times. Forgetful. Unprofessional. Serious at times. Does not return calls. Always has too many patients. Long waiting time at his office.

The Medication Prescribed Damaged Me

Posted on January 5th, 2017

After having has a rushed 30-minute evaluation from this doctor, I was prescribed a medication known as Olanzapine, and since taking this medication I have not been the same and I have been suffering from severe headaches as well as anxiety that has made it difficult to function throughout my daily life. He had also kept me from going home, and had kept me in a ward for monitoring, and being that I was over the age of 18, I think it is considered illegal. I was told that I would be able to leave the next day, however I was kept two days over the time against my will. I've stopped the medication, but now I have been prescribed another medication that I may now have to take my entire life to keep my constant anxiety at bay now, something I never suffered from before being prescribed this medication by this doctor. There needs to be a resolution in this. I was treated by this careless doctor, and now I suffer permanent issues.

Dr Attia is Great

Posted on May 6th, 2016

Dr.Attia is an excellent psychiatrist. He spends as much time with me as I want. He is great at drawing out information from me by talking casually with me about things I'm doing. His medication management is excellent. We were able to find just the right mixture of meds that have really changed the way I feel in a very positive way. His waiting room is often packed and it can take some time to be seen. Staff seems a bit put out to when making an appointment or refilling medicine.

AVOID THIS DOCTOR

Posted on September 18th, 2015

Avoid this Dr. like the plague. Waited over a month to get an appointment, kept me waiting 30 minutes, (they had scheduled an appt 15 minutes before mine- I was NEVER going to be taken on time) then told me if I didn't like it I should leave. He also said he was retiring soon. Not terribly concerned about my well being or that he has wasted my time.

Give credit to this doctor

Posted on September 17th, 2015

Dr. Attia is very knowledgable of what he is doing and very courteous to me as a patient. He is a very compassionate doctor and his staff is very nice.

Good for nothing

Posted on April 23rd, 2014

NO good, see a vet

Horrible

Posted on December 19th, 2013

What a horrible experience! Dr. Attia was referred to me when I was in the hospital for alcohol detox. He immediately diagnosed me as bipolar without even assessing me. I was in a drug induced coma while I was in the hospital, so how could he possibly have assessed me!! After I was released, I went to his office, as was suggested by the hospital. He was practically writing the prescription for bipolar as I was walking through the door. What about an assessment while I am awake and coherent? Just because I had an alcohol problem does not make me bipolar! I took the meds he gave me and gained over 50 pounds. I moved from the area for a period, so I stopped taking the meds. I lost the weight and I felt better than ever. I suppose the fact that I had been sober for 8 years was also helpful. Avoid this doctor at all costs! He will more than likely misdiagnose you, and put you on meds that you don't really need.

Evaluation of my experience with the less than dutiful DR Attia

Posted on December 6th, 2013

I can't understand how Washingtonian magazine can put this person on their top 100 DR list, in wash. There is something a-miss with this Dr. Wagdi Attia at 16.06 of a possible 28 with the 100 top DR squad hung in the balance what kind of light is shone on the whole magazine. Then I would say he had me so juiced up on anti-seizure, I mean why see if it was no longer a need or perhaps I would be a lifetime just juiced and thats 16.06/28 with a 57% If you can't do the math

Unresponsive and uncommunicative

Posted on December 5th, 2013

Dr. Attia ignored my feelings and thoughts about my treatment. He would not speak to my psychologist, even after she wrote him a letter. I gave him a release of information form and she sent him one I signed also. He would not speak to her even when I was in crisis and needed hospitalization. Needless to say, it was difficult to get him to return my phone calls as well. I was severely overmedicated and am now doing much better on half the medication I was on before with my new doctor.

Horrible Pathetic

Posted on August 24th, 2011

He likes his patients to be in a near state of unconsiousness. He is an extremist, rude and very hard to contact. He does not listen to his patients.If you don't agree with his misdiagnos, he hangs up on you.He spends more time looking at the clock than he does looking at his patients. You would be better off going to a Vet.

The best