Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mac Bailes
Dr. Mac Bailes, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Sutton, WV, with another office in Gassaway, WV. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Bailes is affiliated with Louis A. Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Mac Bailes has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Mac Bailes has the following 1 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Mac Bailes has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
The wait was in an ER where he had no options and he is the Veterans Doc and sadly does not do ER meds anymore but he is the BEST and he had no control over the waiting and other stuff but he made ER visits locally better and now they are reason for concern. I sure wish he had a practice, AWESOME DOC
Dr. Bailes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Louis A. Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center
27 Years Experience
West Virginia School Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mac Bailes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sutton, WV.