Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maciej M Nowakowski has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Showing 4 of 4
I was told during appointment that they needed to get insurance approval for the home testing apparatus and that it might take 2 wks. Never heard back. Called 6 wks later and an appointment was set up to pick up equipment. Doubt they would have called me back if I had not made the call. Fell thru the cracks. Today I called to follow up on test per a prior call from them that results were ready. I was put on hold for 4.5 minutes with broken recording (not music) talking about their services. It was obnoxious to listen to message plus many electronic sounds interrupting it. I finally hung up and called back. Woman asked if she could put me on hold and I said no and gave her reason why (was already on hold for too long). She put me on hold anyway explaining she had a patient in front of her. This was annoying because I was a patient on the phone. I guess I should stop by and wait at the window if that has priority. As a businessman it is apparent to me that this office needs better management and is probably understaffed. A little competition would cure this problem. BTW, it took 5 months to get an appointment.
Dr. Nowakowski is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Englewood Hospital & Medical Center
Dr. Maciej M Nowakowski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUnited Medical Associates, 93 Pennsylvania Ave, Binghamton, NY
Dr. Maciej M Nowakowski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Binghamton, NY.