Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Madhavi Lekkala MD
Dr. Madhavi Lekkala, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mission Hills, CA, with other offices in Valencia, CA and Mission Hills, CA . Her specialties include Clinical Neurophysiology, Neurology and Psychiatry. She speaks English.
Dr. Madhavi Lekkala has 3 locations
23803 McBean Pkwy
Valencia, CA 91355
11333 Sepulveda Blvd # 0
Mission Hills, CA 91345
Dr. Madhavi Lekkala has the following 3 specialties
- Clinical Neurophysiology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Madhavi Lekkala has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Madhavi Lekkala is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
She’s the BEST!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Madhavi Lekkala - Posted on February 14th, 2019
I have been a patient of Dr. Lekkala for many years now. She has always been so caring and takes her time to really try and understand the issue you are having. Not only is she attentive to your medical needs but also gets to know you on a personal level. She does her best to find any solution necessary and in my case I’m finally closer to living a migraine free life !
More than just a neurologist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Madhavi Lekkala - Posted on November 1st, 2018
Wonderful treatment for migraines
Self-verified patient of Dr. Madhavi Lekkala - Posted on October 23rd, 2018
Dr. Lekkala is kind and thorough, she has treated my migraines and also a couple of other issues. When I had symptoms that weren't in her specialty, she quickly ordered some initial tests and submitted an immediate referral to the appropriate specialist. She is great and I would recommend her to anyone!
Loma Linda University
Dr. Madhavi Lekkala Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Madhavi Lekkala, MD - Neurology in Mission Hills, CA, in this video.
Dr. Madhavi Lekkala is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mission Hills, CA.