Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Madhu S Bhatia has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 45
Very great at what she does.
We transferred to Dr. Bhatia many years ago due to an insurance change. She properly diagnosed my son and got him on the right medicine. It has greatly improved his life and for that we are very grateful. However, over the past year it has become increasingly difficult to reach her in order to make an appointment. We tried phone calls, texting, and email, but got no response. My son has been off his meds for over a month now and had to take college finals without them.
I was informed by a debt collector nearly a year later that they had just been given a new bill...which I had never been contacted about previously (even when checking their records, they confirmed this). She saw me for about 5 minutes a day when I was in the hospital, didn't listen to me, and overmedicated me on the same meds instead of changing them when I said they weren't working. This particular unit was happy to sedate everyone, especially Dr. Bhatia, on atypical antipsychotics...nobody had a psychosis diagnosis. When I refused, I was hassled about not taking them. I had no choice but to see her, as I was assigned a doctor as an inpatient...and only later informed she was not in network for me.
Dr. Bhatia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Madhu S Bhatia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Madhu S Bhatia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mc Lean, VA.