Dr. Madhu Bhatia Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Madhu Bhatia?

Awesome!

Posted on July 11th, 2016

Very great at what she does.

Perfect diagnose, but hard to reach

Posted on May 13th, 2015

We transferred to Dr. Bhatia many years ago due to an insurance change. She properly diagnosed my son and got him on the right medicine. It has greatly improved his life and for that we are very grateful. However, over the past year it has become increasingly difficult to reach her in order to make an appointment. We tried phone calls, texting, and email, but got no response. My son has been off his meds for over a month now and had to take college finals without them.

The very best!

Posted on March 7th, 2015

Both my children have been seeing her for over three years...she is excellent at working, adjusting, and preempting a lot of issues. Very straight forward and tells you exactly what you need to do.

Crappy service

Posted on January 16th, 2015

I was informed by a debt collector nearly a year later that they had just been given a new bill...which I had never been contacted about previously (even when checking their records, they confirmed this). She saw me for about 5 minutes a day when I was in the hospital, didn't listen to me, and overmedicated me on the same meds instead of changing them when I said they weren't working. This particular unit was happy to sedate everyone, especially Dr. Bhatia, on atypical antipsychotics...nobody had a psychosis diagnosis. When I refused, I was hassled about not taking them. I had no choice but to see her, as I was assigned a doctor as an inpatient...and only later informed she was not in network for me.

Posted on December 16th, 2014

Absolutely one of the best if not the best psychiatrist I have seen. She is attentive, very competent and in tune with patients needs. Her communication and bed side manner has helped me to find the best treatment. I hope she doesn't go out of network!!!

she cares.

Posted on April 24th, 2013

Its obvious that she cares and she wants to get her patients the right meds and the right doses. She asks pertinent questions (even when you might not have realized a connection before). She knows what she is doing. You walk in and you feel good about the intial interaction almost instantly. The only downside is that there is no office staff to make the appointments so you have to call her leave a message and she calls you back when she gets the message. However, she herself is prompt and I have never had to wait bc she is running behind.

Posted on November 20th, 2012

We have seen Dr Bhatia for a few months for a teenager with severe OCD. She has been very kind and careful with my child's medications. She is open-minded and seems thorough.

Overprescribed and very little check-up time

Posted on February 6th, 2012

My initial visit with Dr. Bhatia was a reasonable amount of time (around 30-40 minutes), but future visits seemed hurried (sometimes less than 10 minutes). I felt I was overprescribed on medication (the "cocktail" at the time of leaving was a high dosage of benzodiazepines, anti-depressants and anti-psychotics) all for generalized depression and social/generalized anxiety disorder. In all fairness, I expressed my opinion when asked that I still had persistant depression and anxiety. I have been dealing with these disorders for over a decade and never have I been prescribed such a high dose (especially of benzos) and felt I was just being turned in to a zombie. No alternative treatment was recommended and I one day realized it was time to stop seeing this Psychiatrist. My depression/anxiety has been doing much better after visiting what I would consider a "decent" general physician and tolerating the withdrawal off of the SNRI's and stepping down my dosage of benzodiazepines dramatically. Yes, that's right, my depression and anxiety actually got better by getting off of these medications. Most concerning with this doctor was the quick jump to antipsychotics, which carry an inordinate amount of potential side effects (some of which can be life lone, even after stopping medication). In summary, I felt that this doctor hurried my visits, kept increasing dosage on a cocktail of medications too quickly and did not properly provide information regarding the potential dangers of the medication prescribed.

Posted on February 10th, 2011

Dr. Bhatia saved my life. I was at such a low point that I voluntarily admitted myself to the hospital. Her caring and professional help is what brought me back to reality. She continues to show compassion and I am very grateful for that.

Posted on November 8th, 2010

Wait was minimal. She really helped me get my life on the right track, and she's straight and to the point!

First bill is from a collection agency!

Posted on August 4th, 2010

Dr. Bhatia saw our son in Dominion Hospital. While she billed for a 35 min visit - son said she was never with him for more than 5 or 10 minutes. First bill received for her services was from a collection agency! Billing was a mess - double submissions to the insurance company, not correspondence to us! What a joke.

you won't be sorry!

Posted on June 3rd, 2010

great experience. she is well versed.