Dr. Madhura Tamhankar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Madhura Tamhankar?

Saved my life

Posted on January 11th, 2014

Dr. Tamhankar is by far one of the best doctors I have ever seen. I developed cancer in my eyes and brain and Dr. Tamhankar saw me every week, identified the disease, and successfully treated it. She is incredible, and I highly recommend her. I've read the reviews here, and I can honestly say the only reason she would ever get a poor review is due to the fact that she has patients who are terribly, terribly ill. She is the head of the neuro-ophthalmology department and by far one of the most skilled doctors I have ever met.

Excellent Doctor, Very caring

Posted on September 15th, 2013

I travelled from 100 miles away to see Dr Tamhankar. She was very caring and seemed very knowledgeable about my condition. The staff was very courteous and waiting time in the office was 5 minutes. I was extensively evlauated and the doctor spect over 25 minutes with me explaining my condition. I woudl highly recommend

Uncaring

Posted on May 12th, 2013

Dr. Tamhankar is probably a very smart physician and cares a lot about the science behind a condition. Despite these characteristics, she lacks the humane and caring qualities that doctors should possess. She is extremely "short" with answering questions and clearly seems as if asking a question is bothering her. She seems as though she is only concerned with seeing as many patients as quickly as possible and does not offer adequate doctor-patient relationship skills. Again, she is evidently smart, but being smart does not qualify as a great doctor. I wish I could have gone somewhere else when I was getting evaluated for my eye pain.

Muscle Surgery

Posted on February 26th, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr Tamhankar to anyone that is suffering from double-vision. No one would touch my eye but her, she truly performed a miracle and changed my life.

Great Doctor

Posted on February 9th, 2012

Fast efficient and correct diagnosis and treatment for my complicated eye condition.

Brilliant diagnosis anBrilliant, knowledgeabled treatment.

Posted on April 27th, 2011

Brilliant, knowledgeable and wonderful personality . If you have complicated eye conditions and not getting the right diagnosis or treatment, she is your last hope (kidding not, when everything else fails, you remember god). She was sort of that to me when one eye started going blind....

Excellent service. Wonderful passionate person.

Posted on June 29th, 2010

Pleasant, caring personality. Knows what she is doing. My case was so complicated and other ophthalmologists could not figure out but she diagnosed in first go and started appropriate treatment.

Excellent doctor

Posted on June 28th, 2010

My expereince witht he doctro was excellent. she is pleasant, very personable, very bright and has an excellent bedside manner. At the end of the visit she gave me her contact information and her business card with her email address and encouraged me to contact her if needed. I don't know of many docters who do that. I would highly recommend her.She is one of the best doctros to go to for neuro-ophthalmology and adult strabismus.

Go elsewhere for strabismus treatment (wish I'd known they take adult patients at C.H.O.P.)

Posted on May 29th, 2010

Unpleasant personality.Accurately diagnosed problem, but did not convey the meaning or implications of this diagnosis at all.VERY difficult to get Scheie clinic to release patient records even for a fee. Why go to a neuro-ophthalmologist for adult strabismus surgery when Philadelphia has plenty of physicians who have completed fellowships in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus?

Posted on August 21st, 2017