Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mae O Fischer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 23
When I first started going to Dr. Fischer I thought she was a good doctor but the last few visits to her, she appeared rushed, vague, and her bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. I recommended her to 3 of my fellow work employees and they've had the same impression that "something must have changed with Dr. Fischer". Rather than go through the hassle of having my medical records transferred somewhere else, I would like to be set up with another doctor within the practice. For that reason, I haven't made another appointment with Dr. Fischer.
Had regular doc. at Int. Med.Gp. for 15 years. Retiring and deosnt do rounds at hosp. anymore. They sent Fischer. She wanted nothing to do with me because of a high risk condition. Attending GI tried to explain to her that there is always some risk with my condition. She practices medicine from the book of how not to get sued. She blackballed me from IMG said I was non compliant. I refused a treatment that neither I nor the attending GI thought I needed. The University of Tartu may be a fine medical school but I prefer my doctors with a degree from a US university. Run away fast !
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
26 Years Experience
University Of Tartu
Graduated in 1992
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Dr. Mae O Fischer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Group, 225 Medical Center Dr Ste 201, Paducah, KY
Dr. Mae O Fischer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Paducah, KY.