Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mae Sheikh-Ali
Dr. Mae Sheikh-Ali, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sheikh-Ali is affiliated with UF Health Jacksonville. Dr. Sheikh-Ali has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Mae Sheikh-Ali has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Weight Loss
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Insulin Resistance
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Sheikh-Ali is a great doctor she is actually a doctor that is rare. She sits down with you & talks with you wants to know your concerns and addresses them. She is real personable & has a great bed side manner. She really cares. I am upset though because she has left UF practice on Emerson and I can't seem to find her. The only downside was the appointment process but that was controlled by UF not her. It upsets me that no one can tell me anything about where she went. I hope she opens her own practice she is a great lady. If anyone has information about where she went please respond. Hope you are ok and doing well Dr. Sheikh-Ali.
My first appt, room filled and reception staff a little slow and unemotional. Dr seems to overbook and after 1 hour and complaining because people arriving 10 min ago are being placed in back to be seen ahead of me,when my appt was an hour ago, they get me in back to wait some more. Not pleased . They make you sign a paper saying you have to give 24 hr notice or be charged for no show, yet this office can't keep your scheduled appointment on time. This was a tricare referral and after I complain, want another doctor! Talked to another patient in waiting room that told me it always takes three hours to get out of here.... I believe her! It took me two months to get this appointment, and I'm still waiting!
Dr. Sheikh-Ali is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Mae Sheikh-Ali accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNe Florida Endocrine And Diabetes Associates Pa, 3550 University Blvd S Ste 204, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mae Sheikh-Ali in this video.
Dr. Mae Sheikh-Ali is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.