The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Maeve O'Connor
Maeve O'Connor, MD,, FACAAI,, FAAAAI,, FACP is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte, NC, with other offices in Charlotte, NC and Charlotte, NC . She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Internal Medicine. Maeve O'Connor is affiliated with CAROLINAS MEDICAL CENTER MERCY, Carolinas Medical Center and Novant Health Matthews Medical Center. She speaks Spanish.
Maeve O'Connor has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Food Allergies
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergies
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Watery Eyes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 43
Experience to get diagnosis was long but end result was relief. Calling to schedule appts couldn't be done with one call. Recent changes with Carol has been huge improvement. Extremely late billing (getting a bill in Sept 2017 for charges in 2015-2016 and 2017) was very frustrating when I even called to inquire in 2016 and 2017. Dr. O'Connor is personable, knowledgable and she has greatly helped in me getting relief. Hate when i have to wait 20-30 minutes to get called back.
I have been to several Doctors for both Asthma and allergies, and Dr. O has been able to accomplish what none of them could... allergy relief. She was able to also get my Insurance to approve advanced treatments for my Asthma which other Doctors had either not pursued or had given up on. Dr. O has not only helped me to be in better health, but also has simply improved my quality of life.
Working with Dr. O'Connor has been wonderful. I trust her very much and know that she has the best intentions for my care. Sometimes it can be difficult when there are many patients in the Steele Creek practice - making it difficult to get all your questions answered or mentioning all your concerns.
O'Connor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Carolinas Medical Center
Carolina Medical Center - Pineville
Carolinas Medical Center MercyPineville
Presbyterian Hospital Huntersville
19 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of Colorado Health
Maeve O'Connor accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Maeve O'Connor in this video.
Maeve O'Connor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.