Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Magdi L Salmon MD
Dr. Magdi L Salmon has 3 locations
1630 Mineral Spring Ave Ste 2
North Providence, RI 02904
Dr. Magdi L Salmon has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Magdi L Salmon has the following 14 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Lipid Disorders
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Magdi L Salmon - Posted on August 18th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Magdi L Salmon - Posted on June 20th, 2016
Dr. Salmon is a fantastic doctor. But his staff needs to learn more people skills,.Also, when they make appts 2 mos ahead they need to Keep them or give the pt a new one. Don't leave the pt hanging and struggling trying to get a appt to re-up their meds (hrdcopy). This has happened to me 3x, they've cancelled me 5x, all in 2 yrs time. I've missed 1 appt bc I didn't know I had to go to a different offc, again, nobody told me. And I paid for it dearly. The staff should be replaced w ppl that Do Care about their jobs and other people's health.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Magdi L Salmon - Posted on January 29th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Magdi L Salmon - Posted on July 24th, 2013
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
St Lukes Hospital
Dr. Magdi L Salmon Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Magdi L Salmon
Board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Dr. Salmon is a full-time physician with the Adult Primary Clinic at St. Joseph Hospital in Providence. he is a graduate of Cairo University in Egypt and completed his Fellowship at RI Hospital.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Magdi L Salmon, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Providence, RI, in this video.
Dr. Magdi L Salmon is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Providence, RI.