Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Magdy M Elsawy
Dr. Magdy M Elsawy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Des Moines, IA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Elsawy is affiliated with Lucas County Health Center, Yonker Memorial Rehabilitation Center and Mercy Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Magdy M Elsawy has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Elsawy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 1980
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Dr. Magdy M Elsawy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsOncology Center Of Iowa, 95 University Ave, Des Moines, IA
Dr. Magdy M Elsawy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Des Moines, IA.