Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Magdy K Iskander
Dr. Magdy K Iskander, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Youngstown, OH. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Iskander is affiliated with St Elizabeth Boardman Health Center and Sharon Regional Health System. Dr. Iskander has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Magdy K Iskander has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
Showing 5 of 57
Have been seeing Dr. Iskander since July. I have rheumatoid arthritis. I am very pleased with the treatment Dr. Iskander has provided to me. He is also a very kind and sympathetic person. He is so concerned that it appears that I am his only patient. I highly recommend Dr. Iskander. I trust him. Also, He has very caring and helpful staff. .u
Dr Iskander is the most wonderful, professional, caring doctors who has diagnosed and treated my RA for the past year and a half. He has always been there for me during emergency flare ups and takes the time to explain my medications and treatments. I totally trust his treatments which has allowed me to live a nearly pain-free life. I am blessed to have found him and his wonderful staff.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2013, 2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2013, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Iskander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Metrohealth Medical Center
Dr. Magdy K Iskander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMagdy K Iskander Md, 4300 Belmont Ave Ste 5, Youngstown, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Magdy K Iskander in this video.
Dr. Magdy K Iskander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Youngstown, OH.