Dr. Maggie Yu Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Maggie Yu?

Posted on May 5th, 2017

I was happy with this doctor until I got a letter accusing me of narcotic violations and dropping me from her care. She refused to talk to me so there was no way to explain that I had not done what she was claiming she said she would send my records to the new doctor. Great I can use her letter accusing me of violations to get a new doctor to see me. Very bad position to be in. And no doctor will want me.

Excellent Dr. for complete care.

Posted on April 6th, 2017

I've seen Dr. Yu for many years for a complex medical issue. She's improved my quality of life greatly.

A real Doctor

Posted on February 27th, 2017

Lovely and kind and a very good Doctor

Posted on May 30th, 2016

money means more to this doc and office than taking care of human beings.

Concerned about a crook

Posted on March 6th, 2016

Maggie Yu said I needed to pay an additional 300 hundred dollars out of pocket for "special" cholestoral screenings. You guessed it, never reviewed these test results with me and now that I'm asking for the actual tests to be sent to another doctor, she isn't responding. Her staff is rude when you ask them for anything.

Posted on January 28th, 2016

I was initially seen by Maggie Yu over 3 years ago, things started out pretty good. I was finally diagnosed with something that could explain the health problems I had been facing for many years. But along with that diagnosis were a number of commandments on what I was going to change in my life (not recommendations, actual commandments) the most difficult for me was that I go gluten free (despite multiple negative celiac test results). After 8 months this did not have any improvement on my health and not a single peer reviewed study backed up her claims, so I chose to make the change back with zero negative impact. When I finally worked up the courage to tell Maggie she yelled at me in front of my child, threw a list of studies at me and told me to educate myself. I am not exaggerating; she actually yelled at me and threw a piece of paper in my face. The fact that this reaction did not surprise me, was what I had anticipated, and that I had to work up the courage to talk to my DOCTOR is just as unacceptable as her reaction was. The notes she made in my chart from that visit were dripping with sarcasm and have no place in a medical chart. The sad part about the whole situation was, none of the studies actually backed up her claims. After that visit I knew that I would never see Maggie again, but did not want to start all over again with a new office so I began seeing Elizabeth Lewis who I absolutely adore. She worked WITH me, made suggestions not commandments, and accepted that she didn't know everything. Basically everything you could ever want in a medical professional. Sadly she moved across the country in the fall. I would have considered paying the ridiculous "membership fee" to continue under her care. I received 2 emails about this change in practice model. The first email called it a membership, and then another came out referencing FAQs and the tune changed to "concierge model". I suspect that they had to change their tune when people began asking if it was legal. My husband, however, has received no communication regarding this change in practice model (yes we checked the spam folder). This is extremely irresponsible to people under her care and you have to wonder what the motivation behind it is.

If this place was any worst, I would have to go back to treating and diagnosing myself

Posted on December 24th, 2015

You first step off the elevator, and you think you are in a spa. The ambiance and the decor in the waiting room says that you are going to be pampered. But when you take a few extra steps to the front desk to sign in, you are greeted by an office that is run by a group of flying monkeys. Monkeys that know how to show attitude whenever you talk or ask questions. Taken care of, right? You make the effort to show up on time like they ask, and they take you back to their cold dark rooms, and ask you to get undresses despite you being there to just discuss your lab work, and have you wait for the doctor. Almost an hour later, but long enough for a quick nap, a doctor shows up, but isn't Dr. Yu. You asked to see her, and they told you that you were, but what you got was a tag team partner that she has come in to do the work for her, whenever you become an inconvenience in her scheduled Cheesecake Factory catered lunch. You asked nicely where Dr. Yu is and her team member says that she had a family emergency despite the fact that I saw her with a clip board in hand on my way out the door. Emergency? When it came to scheduling my next appointment, the girl at the computer filing her nails read off different dates and times--none of which suited my schedule-- she became more and more impatient and trying to find a good time and day. Finally she says that they don't make appointments that far in advanced and that if I couldn't find a time to see them in that allotted time, that i would need to find a new doctor. That was fun. I was really sad to have had these experiences with Dr. Yu because she was, at one point, exciting to see. She was lively, energetic, smiled a lot, and seemed like she was genuinely excited to see you too. But since getting her own practice, she picked the worst possibly people to help represent her, and to help bring "care" to her patients. I don't want to bad mouth or down grade the other doctors she has working there, because they weren't the worst, and honestly, I think they did what they could with what they have; but its just sad to have seen her go down the hill she went with something that so many other doctors would give their left nut for. I understand that she was in some sort of accident and wasn't seeing her patients for a bit there while she recouped, but I don't see that as a viable excuse for any rudeness I experienced there. I was also sent a bill for services rendered, and when I called up to inquire them, they sent me to their drill Sargent bill collector, and was greeted with a very angry, loud, and rude woman on the other end. I don't know if she was just having a bad day, or if she just woke up that day and realized her life sucked, but there was no working up to her anger--that's what started the conversation with. I tried getting her to explain to me the reasoning behind the price of the bill, and she very vaguely told me I was blind, because it said the reasoning for the bill on the paper. She didn't have any answers for me other than I owe what is on the paper, because thats what it says on the paper. With further investigating, I found that I wasn't the only person they tried screwing extra money on for labs never given, or wrong labs labeled. They charged me for appointments when I had insurance to cover it. After all of that, the bill collecting lady hung up on me, and when I called back and asked to speak to her again, they said she wasn't going to talk to me and that I needed to call their lawyers. Wow, really? Are you kidding me?

False Diagnosis

Posted on October 9th, 2012

Myself and quite a few other people I know have been misdiagnosed at Maggie's medical office. She is the director of about 8 doctors on her staff. I went in to check on a possible hormone imbalance. I saw Dr. Hicks. After running blood tests, during my visit to review the results, Dr Hicks showed me the numbers and hand wrote what would be considered "normal" She said I was low in one area, and high in another area. The medicine she gave me caused me to pass out and almost sent me to the hospital. When I visited my regular physician with the test results, she showed me various medical references of what a "normal" level window is. I was in the middle for all of them, had no imbalance at all. I would never recommend Sherwood Family Medicine to anyone as they do not diagnose honestly, they only want your money.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on June 22nd, 2012

After seeing multiple doctors, and getting admitted ER couple of times, finally found Dr Maggie Yu. She does not believe in prescribing medication but takes an holistic approach, turned out my problem was vitamin deficiency, which she suspected and confirmed with a blood test. If she cures everyone this well, she'll be out of business.

Great office and staff

Posted on November 13th, 2011

Love this office and the staff, and the integration with naturopathic and reg medicine they do. I 've never had a doctor and staff care so much about me and spend so much time educating me.

Beware insurance might not cover Dr. Yu treatment

Posted on August 12th, 2011

Office staffs are not willing to work with patient and unfriendly. During a visit, Dr. Yu recommended a treatment for patient. Patient was concern about the insurance cover, and the Dr. confirmed that will be cover. Durning the treatment, the nurse gave the patient (not able to read)a "Procedure Consent" form to sign that including patient resposible for the bill insurance not pay. Because Dr. Yu is using NONE AFD appprove medicines for the treatment, insurance denied the payment. Afterward, patient got bill for the treatments. Patient called the office few times and tried to dispute the bill, but the staffs did not care, and didn't even want to talk to the patient. They just want to get pay because patient signed the form. Patient left a message ask to speak with Dr. Yu, but the office blocked the message and told patient that their doctors will not return patients requested call back. Patient got stick with the bill.

Would not recommend this clinic

Posted on March 16th, 2011

The office staff were extremely unfriendly and have no EMPATHY........ There are plenty of good Doctors and clinic's in Oregon, so I would waste my time here at Sherwood Family Medicine.