Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Magnus K Ikhinmwin
Dr. Magnus K Ikhinmwin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ikhinmwin is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital and Inova Fair Oaks Hospital. Dr. Ikhinmwin has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Magnus K Ikhinmwin has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Magnus K Ikhinmwin has the following 21 expertise
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Heart Failure
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Digestive System Cancer
- Anticonvulsive Drugs
- Kidney Biopsy
- Brain Ischemia
- Chest Pain (Angina)
Dr. Magnus K Ikhinmwin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 27
My first visit I wanted to see and experience everything that was wrtten about this doctor, Indeed he's every thing that was written about him. He treats you with kindness and respect,Do not take my word for it, You need to experience it simply setup appointment and visit him to experience it yourself. I wouldn't hasitate in aheart beat recommending Dr. Magnus to anybody thats the kind of confidence I have in this man. He is awesome.
The one thing that impressed me about Dr. Magnus 2 years ago when I first met him was his patient approach. He showed understanding and explained things so I understood clearly what he saw. His diagnoses have always been spot on, and his prescriptions effective. He has also been very easy to work with when it comes to getting referrals to the right specialist. I highly recommend him.
This is one very, caring Doctor! My only complaint is that he doesn't offer refills even on something basicor a non controlled substance, such as a Lidoderm patch, or if he does offer a refill it is not for long.you have to keep coming back every month to get the most basic of medication. At least this is my experience and several others I know of.Other than that, DR I, is kind, highly intelligent, and makes a point to sit with you and answer questions, etc...
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ikhinmwin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Magnus K Ikhinmwin accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsMagnus Kehinde Ikhinmwin Md, 8505 Arlington Blvd Ste 340, Fairfax, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Magnus K Ikhinmwin in this video.
Dr. Magnus K Ikhinmwin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.