Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maha F Ansara has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Maha F Ansara has the following 21 expertise
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Weight Loss
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Pregnancy Complications
- Pituitary Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Lipid Disorders
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Parathyroid Diseases
Dr. Maha F Ansara has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
I have a complicated issues, she was willing to refer me to another endocrinologist for a second opinion. Unfortunately, I stayed with the doctor and I intend to return to Dr. Ansara due to the dramatic decrease in the quality of care and increase in greed. A lot of doctors won't refer you to a 2nd opinion, they are to prideful. I have a lot of respect for Dr. Ansara.
I have been seeing Dr Ansara for almost 10 years and have never had to wait more than 5 minutes past my appointment time, which is very important to me. I expect doctors to respect the value of my time as much as they value their time and this doctor does. After being told by my primary doctor for years that I didn't have a thyroid issue even though I had a family history of hypothyroidism, had all the typical symptoms and my blood work always showed low T3 and T4 results, I was referred to Dr Ansara by a friend. My first appointment Dr Ansara diagnosed my hypothyroidism and prescribed medication to alleviate the issues I was having. Within 6 months I lost 50 pounds, my hair stopped falling out, my nails stopped splitting and breaking off, my skin stopped itching and flaking and I had more energy than I had felt in years. Needless to say, I have been seeing Dr Ansara every since and have had no further thyroid issues. Dr Ansara is a miracle worker as far as I'm concerned and I have and do recommend her to everyone.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Maha F Ansara accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRegency Endrocrinology Diabetes, 752 Stirling Center Pl Ste 1008, Lake Mary, FL
Dr. Maha F Ansara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Mary, FL.