Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mahboob A Aamer
Dr. Mahboob A Aamer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alpharetta, GA. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Aamer is affiliated with WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center and Wellstar North Fulton Hospital. Dr. Aamer has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mahboob A Aamer has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Failure
- Kidney Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Kidney Failure (Acute Renal Insufficiency)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
After reading some very negative reviews about Dr. Aamer, I saw him yesterday for a surgical clearance. I found him to be a kind, gentle & interested doctor. He also answered all of my questions & made me feel well cared about. He gave me about an hour of his time. I really walked away feeling much better than when I saw one of the top Nephrologists who gets rave reviews on this site. At his request I will return after my upcoming surgery.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2016, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Aamer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Mahboob A Aamer accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Atlanta Nephrology, 11795 Northfall Ln Ste 602, Alpharetta, GA
Dr. Mahboob A Aamer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alpharetta, GA.