The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mahdi S Al-Bassam has the following 1 specialty
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
Dr. Mahdi S Al-Bassam has the following 20 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- PET Scan
- Heart Diseases
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- CT Scan
- Heart Failure
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
Showing 4 of 4
I do not think it is possible to say enough good things about Dr. Mahdi Al-Bassam. I have never met another doctor anywhere who cares more about his patients, than this extremely kind and gentle doctor. I know he saved my mother's life and I will forever br grateful to him for the time and care that he took with her. He treated her as if he was taking care of his own mother. My mom basically fell thru the cracks...so to speak...about 3 years ago. Dr. Al-Bassam took it upon himself to go through 3 years of doctor reports and lab work. Due to other doctors dropping the ball on my mom's care, she was in immediate danger of her heart stopping, so first he had to put in an emergency pacemaker before further testing. Even though he is a cardiologist, he even pursued endocrine problems that were overlooked in her bloodwork 3 years prior to Dr. Al-Bassam seeing her.He pursed her health problems very diligently and did not stop until all her problems were taken care of. He works very hard at developing a true partnership with his patients and has an amazing bedside manner in making the patient feel comfortable and cared about instead of just another number walking through the door. This wonderful doctor has put together an equally impressive and caring staff. Everyone one works hard in this office and they all make you feel like family and well cared about. There are so many doctors, staffs and clinics that could learn so much in how to treat their patients. I truly admire this doctor and staff. They have my heartfelt gratitude.
45 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1973
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Mahdi S Al-Bassam accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular Medicine Associates, 7737 Southwest Fwy Ste 955, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mahdi S Al-Bassam in this video.
Dr. Mahdi S Al-Bassam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.