Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mahender K Gaba has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Mahender K Gaba has the following 21 expertise
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Cholesterol Management
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Attack
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Myocardial Infarction
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Dr. Mahender K Gaba has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Dr Gaba happened to see my echocardiogram in the middle of the night during my diagnostic hospital stay. He recognized the urgency of my situation and immediately started my transfer to a hospital with a heart surgeon where, after performing a couple more procedures he was able to find a damaged mitral valve and two arteries in need of bypassing. I subsequently had open heart surgery. I think his insightful intervention saved my life.
Yesterday at 6am my son drove me to the hospital with chest pains and nausea. I'm 74. Dr. Gaba cancelled his other appointments to deal with me and my heart attact that began during the angiagram. 95% blockage in 3 major arteries. Dr. Gaba was thorough and extremely attentive to my problems and was there for over 12 hours with me. I received 3 stints and came home before noon today feeling much better. The care was superb!!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
33 Years Experience
University College Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Mahender K Gaba accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mahender K Gaba is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood, WA.