Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mahender Goriganti
Dr. Mahender Goriganti, MD, MS is a Doctor primarily located in Syracuse, NY. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Neurology. Dr. Goriganti is affiliated with St Joseph's Hospital Health Center, Auburn Memorial Hospital and St. Joseph`s Hospital Psych Exempt Unit. He speaks English.
Dr. Mahender Goriganti has the following 2 specialties
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Showing 5 of 9
I have been seeing this doctor for about 2 years, I have absolutely no problems. He is very caring and professional. He takes as much time as needed to listen to what your concerns are and does everything possible to find answers to those concerns. I will continue to use him for my pain management doctor and would recommend him to anyone in need of a good doctor who will do what is in the best interest of his patients.
Dr. Goriganti is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph's Hospital Health Center
Auburn Memorial Hospital
St. Joseph`s Hospital Psych Exempt Unit
30 Years Experience
Osmania Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Mahender Goriganti accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1000 E Genesee St, Syracuse, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mahender Goriganti in this video.
Dr. Mahender Goriganti is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Syracuse, NY.