Dr. Mahendra Bhati Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mahendra Bhati?

Extremely caring

Posted on November 10th, 2017

He is an excellent, kind, caring psychiatrist. When you talk to him, you know that he cares about what you are going through and he makes you feel as if even though you are about to give up, he won't give up. It helps tremendously to know that there is someone on your treatment team who is not going to walk away when things turn hopeless.

Posted on November 11th, 2015

Dr. Bhati was very rude toward me, treated me as if I was a child, and was very unpleasant to deal with. At no point did I feel like he was taking me seriously and multiple times he attempted to undermine my description of things through condescending language and tone. Terrible experience.

Posted on June 26th, 2015

Dr. Bhati is extremely caring Doctor who is very knowledgeable about prescriptions and how to combine them to get you well as quickly as possible

Negative

Posted on May 29th, 2013

I spent a great deal of time articulating to Dr. Bhati how I was feeling on the new medication and he seemed completely distracted by something else and didn't seem to be listening to me. May be Dr. Bhati was having a bad day but he had absolutely no bedside manner. I would never go back to him.

Mixed

Posted on February 25th, 2012

He was great...until he wasn't. He is knowledgeable and is VERY responsive. But psychiatry is not a science...its an art. And he's the sort of pdoc who wants you to do what he says. If you don't agree, or ask too many questions, he gets angry...almost belligerent. But, for a psychiatrist, he is young (it takes many years...no Doogie Howsers in psychiatry). So, its possible he will get control over his impatience with time. If you have a garden variety problem, give him a try. If you have something difficult to treat...he doesn't deal well with frustration, and is prone to take it out on you.

Awesome!

Posted on April 28th, 2011

Can't say enough about Dr. Bhati. He goes out of his way to assist patients' needs. This doctor is the best psychiatrist I've ever come across.

2nd to none. "Courteous-Professional-Accurate"

Posted on September 15th, 2010

Dr. Mahendra Bhati, is one of the most caring doctors I've meet in my 60 years of life. He listens to your every word, and remembers the facts on your next visit. His diagnoses was spot on. I hope he never leaves Philadelphia. Respectfully!!

TO: HE KNOWS WHO I AM.

Posted on July 7th, 2010

Do not see Dr.Bhati

Posted on May 14th, 2010

I first went to see Dr.Bhati during a period where I was dealing with a lot of stress. Not really know what to expect, I was up the whole night before my first appointment, thinking about what exactly I was gonna say. I talked to him for a long time, he diagnosed me bipolar disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and marijuana dependence. We decided I was gonna go on lithium. I stuck with it for a few months, saw him 2 or 3 more times, and after much thought I decided I wasn't going to continue, and going on was a hasty decision, I was dealing with a lot my first visit and wasn't acting myself.I told him I wasn't going to continue taking his medication and his tone became very hostile and he started talking to me as if I were a child. Telling me I need to be on it, as if he had know me for more then a total of 4 hours. Using the word 'stupid' to describe my behavior in the 3 consecutive sentences, emphasizing the word stupid more each time. He told me I was just wasting his time. I asked if we were done and he told me to get out.It was unbelievable and completely unprofessional. He was acting like he was my girlfriend and I was breaking up with him. I would not recommend him to anyone

Posted on April 13th, 2016